Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi

eRO in the future!

Hey friends!

As you all know, I posted a thread about the state of the server and how to move forward from our seemingly stagnant state.  

Over the course of the past few weeks I've been struggling with what to do in terms of keeping eRO the server we all know and love.  While we have some amazing players, and I love every single one of you -- we're having a hard time retaining new players because of a few points (all noted in the linked thread above). 

Just to be clear, I am not taking down eRO.  I LOVE eRO, it was one of the first servers I've ever played and truly enjoyed playing.  However, Rangarok Online players in 2020 require a bit more stability, and the constant changes and modifications we have to offer aren't really what they're looking for.  For a 20 year old game, no one wants to re-learn how to play it, and I get that.  Essence is amazingly nostalgic for those who've played in the past, but for those who have never played, or even heard of it, it's very confusing and off-putting. 

eRO will not move, or go down, and there will still be events and new headgear quests etc.  We will be rolling back some changes we made on a lot of MVP's and make them more like how eRO used to be.

With that said, after a lot of hours of deliberating and discussing with the staff, we've decided to keep eRO as it is, however, we will be opening up an affiliate server that's more on-par with what players are seeking in the current market.  Basically "eRO Lite".

eRO will always be nostalgic to us, and we'll continue to work on it in smaller updates.  The new affiliate server will be a 30x/30x/20x (tentatively -- rates may change slightly) server, you can find the discord link here --> https://discord.gg/dUDzAbt

There will be crossover packages available if this is more your style, but everything is still TBD.  We've merely just opened the discord to discussion and lively chat while I develop the guts of the affiliate. 

❤️ ~
Kiwi & the eRO Staff

Can you expand a bit on crossover packages?

I don't have it all ironed out completely, but at the very least I'll transfer over VIP account status.  Since I can cross-reference Databases, it won't be difficult. :) A post consisting of all of the things included will be provided on the new server discord & forum.