Kiwi

Where do we go from here?

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2020 at 7:38 AM, Cho said:

Personally, i think the best option would be to scale it down to a less-grindy-mid-rateish 99/70 server, while retaining most of the flavor and core values of eRO.

Not possible 99/70 shouldnt have this many custom items... can you imagine people wearing angel wings and ele wings in 99/70?? that be op

Edited by GOD TIER

13 hours ago, GOD TIER said:

Not possible 99/70 shouldnt have this many custom items... can you imagine people wearing angel wings and ele wings in 99/70?? that be op

We would have to re evaluate our customs. For example, we can keep our custom valk  helms and wings, tone them down and make them for pvm only. 

Posted (edited)

I'm leaning towards option 1: MR 99/70 with less mvp/skill customizations, and slightly lower rates for player retention. Lower MVP/mini boss card drops would be needed too, there are way too many on essence currently even though we've only been up for 4 months. A potential issue is that many MRs (where I've played on) eventually devolved into woe servers where people don't really log on until it's woe time.

Also I hope you keep the same server name.

Edited by Glass
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:15 PM, Massacre said:

I think when people read low rate, they think the server rate would be lower than it is now. In this context, the "low rate" actually means turning the server to a 99/70, while the rates itself can vary. 

I'm all for a 99/70, I think the biggest issue that EssenceRO faces is that, people aren't interested in playing on a server whose rates are foreign to them. With a 99/70, new players would be inclined to join because its something that they are used to. We can go back to numerous amount of servers that opened up as a 99/70 and almost always attract a large crowd. And in order for a server to stay relevant, it must attract new players, guilds, etc.

I say lets do it, it will not only benefit the server, but it will ensure that the Essence brand continues on and stand the test of time.

I agree. 
A 99/70, whether as a midrate or a lowrate will attract more players for sure.

It is possible to preserve the customs of eRO, like valkyrie helmets, wings, etc. It just needs a slight adjustment imho.
We can also preserve the flavor or eRO in terms of skill customizations, to make unconventional builds more viable.
We just need to be very sure we don't go too crazy with it this time.

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am one of the peeps that quit.

What I think the problem is the end game. What do we do when we have end game items other than MVP,WoE, BG?(IDK what else is in end game right now. I quit a few months back)

I would suggest an end game dungeon(not instance) that rewards players with something of high value or usefulness. A dungeon that requires quite an amount of people(hopefully invite other people randoms if guild isn't large enough) in order to kill whatever is in it. 

This does not require wipe @_@

Promotes player cooperation(hopefully full guilds also invite random people to their raid party)

Questions & Answers of what this dungeon could be like.

• What does the dungeon drop?With so much items possible to drop, have drop rate really low. Lower than cards perhaps.
    • What do people use a lot in MVP,WoE,BG?
      • buff scrolls
      • potions
      • mastelas
      • poison bottles
      • Etc.
    • What helps or eases a players progress?
      • Battle Manual
      • Bubblegum
      • Etc.
    • What do players like
      • Costume Tickets
      • VIP Costume Tickets
      • Hat Tokens
      • Roulette tokens
      • Minigame Tokens
      • Enriched Elu/Ori
      • Gym Pass
      • Limited time infinite fly wings?
      • Bloody Branch
      • etc.
  • What do the monsters do?
    • AoE
    • Dispel
    • Hurt a lot
    • are they ranged/physical/mage?
  • What classes do you need in order to adapt to the different monster?
    • LP
    • Safety Wall
    • Pneuma
    • Soul Link
    • Tanks
    • DPS
    • Magic type damage
    • Long range damage
    • Melee damage
  • Is there a higher level dungeon of the first version with stronger monsters?
  • Do the monsters have different races and sizes?(For people to look for different cards)
  • How many different monsters are there?
  • Do some monsters have GTB effect?
  • Does the dungeon have a limitation of number of classes? since can just spam a super DPS class like 3 LK and 3 wizards and few supports.
Edited by Totsi

I appreciate everyone's feedback!  Thank you all so much! 

There will be an announcement in the coming days pertaining to what the plan is moving forward. 
(We're not closing, don't worry :D )

• Like 1